The Bruvi brewer will alert you when descaling is needed.
After the brewer has pumped 65L (liters) of water through the heating system (about 220 B-Pods), the descaling notice will display by blinking Americano and 1 oz buttons. At this point, the descaling process should be followed.
The descaling process takes about 10 minutes. If you don't have time to proceed with descaling when you first see the notice, you can temporarily override it and continue brewing. To override the descaling notice, press the Start/Stop icon, and then use a B-Pod to make coffee as usual. The brewer will keep displaying the descaling notification and allow the override until 70L is reached.
After the brewer has pumped another 5L(70L total), the descaling process must be performed. The brewer will no longer work until the process is completed. 5L is about 20 B-Pods, assuming 10oz cups.
- Mix 1/4 of the bottle of descaling solution with one liter of room temperature filtered water and pour into the water tank to maximum fill line.
- Replace the water tank on the brewer. Be sure there is no B-Pod® in the brew chamber and lower the handle.
- Place an empty 12oz or larger cup on the drip tray.
- Press Americano icon and then the 1oz icon until they both turn green. Press Start button.
- The brewer will dispense about 10oz of liquid. When it stops, empty the cup and place back on the drip tray.
- Press the Start button to dispense the next 10oz of descaling solution.
This cycle will repeat 6 times
- Stop when the 3 progress bars to the left of the Start button ((( are solid green and the Water Fill Indicator blinks repeatedly.
- Empty and rinse out the water tank, and refill with clean filtered water. Place an empty 12 oz mug on the drip tray.
- Press Start button to begin the Rinsing Phase. The brewer will again dispense 10oz of liquid. When it stops filling, empty the cup and repeat two more times, for a total of three rinse cycles.
When complete, all of the Progress bars will display in green. The touch screen will return to standby mode. Refill the water tank with fresh water and you'll be ready to brew.